Learn more about Student Health Services
- Mythaler Hall, 1st Floor
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Closed on weekends, term breaks, and school holidays
- Walk-ins welcome – no appointment needed
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (701) 845-7305
- Schedule your appointment online
Free, Confidential Services and Supplies
- Consultation for treatment of minor illnesses, injuries, and other medical conditions
- Suture removal
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Over the counter medications for:
- Colds, coughs and flu symptoms
- Sleep issues
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea (stomach flu)
- Allergy relief
- Minor pain relief (Tylenol, Advil)
- Minor wounds, burns, and bug bites
- Crutch loaners
- Sexual health education, safer sex products – see the Package Your Package information!
- Over the counter home pregnancy tests
- Menstrual supplies
- COVID testing while supplies last
- Narcan rescue kits and education
- Referrals to local and campus resources as needed
VCSU Student Health Services visits are free, confidential, and unlimited for all VCSU students. Any personal health or wellness concern is appropriate to bring to the Health Services nursing staff.
No information about your visit will be released outside of Health Services without your permission. The EXCEPTIONS to confidentiality include:
- The nurse determines you are a threat to yourself or another person.
- There is a medical emergency.
- Records are subpoenaed in a court of law.
Learn more about what to do if you test positive for COVID-19.
Class absence due to to COVID-19 will be treated like any other absence due to illness. Students should consult the course syllabus for directions on how to handle this issue. In general, students need to contact faculty and work out how they will make up missed classes and assignments.
The Package Your Package program is sponsored by VCSU Student Health Services to provide free, easy and confidential access to safer sex information, education and products to all VCSU students who live on or off campus.
What’s in the package?
Each package is customized to the students’ needs and can include any combination of these items:
- Condoms (latex-free available if needed)
- Internal Condoms
- Dental Dams
- Lubricant – included with every package
Educational information about consent, safe sex and sexually transmitted infections is included in every package.
What is the cost?
The service is free to all VCSU students.
How long does it take to arrive?
Be sure to allow 2-4 business days for your package to be prepared and placed in on-campus mailboxes or delivered by the United States Postal Service. You can also order online and opt to pick up your package at the Student Health Services office.
Central Valley Health District provides an on-campus family planning clinic the 2nd Tuesday of every month. The clinic is held in the Student Health Services Office and is available for all VCSU students.
Learn more about safe ways to test for STI’s.
Student Health Services offers education and support to help you kick your nicotine habit!
Learn more about monkeypox information at the links below.
We want you to THRIVE during your time on campus, not just survive your college experience!
One way to do this is to maintain a healthy balance in the 8 dimensions of wellness which contribute to our sense of well-being and quality of life. The 8 dimensions overlap and can affect each other; at times one dimension may be more noticeable than others, but neglect of any dimension for any length of time can have unfavorable effects on one’s overall health.
Wellness involves more than just being physically well. The 8 dimensions demonstrate the complex relation between physical, mental and spiritual well-being that is needed to have a high quality of life.
Local Health Services
City-County Health Department
415 2nd Ave. NE
Valley City, ND 58072
Essentia Health Valley City Clinic
132 4th Ave NE
Valley City, ND 58072